Dating back to 1921, Mr. F. Earl Wallace became one of the first Chevrolet dealers in Georgia. He once led the state in monthly sales by selling four new Chevrolets and taking two horses and buggies in on trade. The elder Wallace established a precedent for growth and excellence that has been strictly adhered to by succeeding generations.
Thirty-one years after his father first opened the doors his Georgia dealership, Mr. F. Early Wallace Jr. founded Earl Wallace Ford located in Delray Beach, Florida, in 1952. In just three years the company out grew its first location and moved to 700 North Federal Highway. It was here that dealership thrived throughout the next 20 years as Mr. Wallace purchased land and built new additions.
As the company continued its rapid growth, Mr. Wallace's son, William Wallace, joined the firm in 1966. Seven years later, he purchased 25% of the corporate stock serving as General manager and Dealer successor. Mr. William Wallace purchased the remaining stock in April 1981. Less than one year later, the corporate name was changed to Bill Wallace Ford.
After several years of planning, the Ford dealership relocated in February 1985 to I-95 and Linton Boulevard in Delray Beach. A Subaru dealership was added at that same time. A third dealership was acquired in 1985 with the purchase of Auto World Datsun. A new Wallace (Datsun) Nissan facility was built and opened adjacent to the ford dealership. Miller Dodge of Delray Beach was obtained in January 1988, and relocated to the same site as Wallace Ford, Subaru and Nissan.
In 1994 William L. Wallace purchased North Palm Lincoln-Mercury in Palm Beach County. Within the year, Stuart Lincoln-Mercury and Mitsubishi in Stuart are purchased, expanding the Wallace name just a few miles north into Martin County's lucrative luxury car market.
In February 1997, Republic Industries, AutoNation USA's parent company agrees to purchase the Wallace Automotive Group. Philosophical differences with Republic Industries prompted William L. Wallace to resign In June 2000; he agrees to repurchase the Lincoln-Mercury dealership in Stuart from AutoNation USA. It is the start of the "second time around" for the Wallace Automotive Group. Within the next 3 years, William L. Wallace continues rebuilding of the Wallace Automotive Group with the purchases of Oceanside Nissan, Oceanside Volvo, Fischer Cadillac-Oldsmobile, Fischer Mazda and Stuart Hyundai. Soon to follow are the purchase of Stuart Volkswagen, Stuart Jeep and Suburban Chevrolet.
Over eight decades and three generations have passed since Mr. F. Earl Wallace first founded his small dealership in the foothills of Georgia. Today, by staying true to the hallmark upon which the Wallace Automotive Group's dealership was founded on, Customer Satisfaction, Wallace Automotive Group continues to forge ahead with focus on customer service for growth into the 21st century.